Sileby Memorial Park
Sileby Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Sileby a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Thank you for taking the time to contact me about this issue, and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment and upset about the announced changes to the Kinchbus 2 Service.
I wanted to assure you that I understand how important the Kinchbus 2 Service is to local residents, and will be contacting the relevant local authorities as a priority to request an urgent meeting on the matter.
So that I am best able to represent your views at this time, I would be most grateful if you could complete the following online survey with details about how you regularly use this service: More »
I would like to keep you updated on the matter, and will forward to you any further responses or updates we receive; if you would prefer not to receive these please let me know.
I appreciate this may not be the immediate resolution you might be hoping for, but hope this is helpful to you and serves to assure you we are doing all we can to safeguard the interests of Loughborough residents.
Jane Hunt | Member of Parliament for Loughborough, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, BEIS
Serving the people of Loughborough, Shepshed, Quorn, Barrow, Sileby, Hathern, Mountsorrel Castle and the Wolds villages
Sign up to my newsletter: https://www.janehunt.uk/
a: Constituency Office, 18 Pinfold Gate, Loughborough, LE11 1BE
Posted: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:06 by Julie Lovatt
This is the latest information received, and we will continue to pursue a better outcome...
Registered Local Bus Service Notification - Kinchbus 2
I am writing to advise you of changes to the below local bus registration, which we have received and will affect residents within your parish.
Kinchbus have now submitted these changes to the Traffic Commissioners to take effect from 4th September 2022.
Outlined below is a summary of the changes. Officers are in the process of reviewing the full impact, and we will be in touch if it is identified that there are any further significant changes to communicate. More »
Kinchbus 2 - Sileby – Barrow-upon-Soar – Quorn - Loughborough
- The route has been revised to operate between Loughborough, Quorn, Barrow-upon-Soar and Sileby.
- The number of journeys per day will be reduced, operating mainly an 80 minute frequency.
- Service will now operate Monday-Saturday. Sunday journeys will be withdrawn.
- Majority of households in Cossington will be over 800metres walking distance from a stop served by an alternative bus service.
- Households located towards the south of the village will continue to have access to Centrebus service 27 from stops located on Syston Road, one return journey to Loughborough each weekday.
- Notices will shortly be deployed at stops in Cossington advising of the change and providing local residents with contact details so that they can outline essential travel requirements. The Council will assess how these requirements can be best met through the provision of a Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) to a local centre.
- Kinchbus 2 will continue to serve Barrow Road, High Street and the loop of Brook Street, Swan Street, Seagrave Road, Heathcote Drive and Highgate Drive.
- South Sileby, households towards the south of Cossington Road, Chalfont Drive and Charles Street, will be over 800metres walking distance from a stop served by the Kinchbus 2.
- North Sileby, a number of households on Homefield Drive will be over 800metres walking distance from a served stop by the Kinchbus 2. LCC will investigate installing a new stop on Seagrave Road to provide access to a bus service for these residents.
- Notices will shortly be deployed at stops closest to affected household in Sileby advising of the change and providing local residents with contact details so that they can outline essential travel requirements. The Council will assess how these requirements can be best met through the provision of a Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) to a local centre.
For your reference I have attached the registration documents that have been submitted to the traffic commissioner by the operator. The revised timetable can be found on page 3 of this document.
Posted: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 16:15 by Julie Lovatt
We are aware that from 4 September 2022 Kinch are withdrawing the route from Sileby to Leicester, and a reduced timetable.
We are currently looking into this, and as soon as we have further information, we will post an update.
Posted: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:12 by Julie Lovatt